Friday, November 9, 2012

Livin' the dream, Man

Hey! It has been entirely too long since my last post, and there have been some fantastic changes of late, so I wanted to share (mostly I know that only my mom reads my blog, but eh- nobody reading your blog is a running joke on HIMYM, so it is in my life as well).  

Last night I had a lovely little gathering at Contigo to celebrate getting the job of a nerdy neuro-crazed nurse's dream.  The atmosphere there was delightful (and I'm awfully glad I took someone's advice and reserved a table!), and our server was fantastic. He was right on the money recommending drinks (when they were out of Capone's revolver), and even won the best line of the night. I was enjoying the small dark cherries in my Bee Keeper, and he politely interjected, "Oh, I'm so glad you are eating the cherries- so many people don't, and they are FOOLS!"  Here is an updated picture of me with my bonafide german hat with both a pin and a feather (a special gift from my beau). 

The job will be an exciting new challenge (level one trauma center exciting!).  I will build on both my bedside nursing experience in neuro as well as my graduate studies to be an advanced practice nurse with the neurosurgery group at my hospital. It is truly an amazing opportunity, and I am delighted that I was selected despite my hot-off-the-presses license to treat and prescribe. I have so very much to learn, and I would like to start as soon as possible, but my responsibility to my current unit may delay the start just a little.  I am proud of myself for going for a challenge as a hospital based APN.  The learning curve will be a little steeper than if I had pursued a position with a clinic-based neurologist, but the reward will be even greater.


No comments:

Post a Comment